Dental extractions are nothing to fear. In fact, the procedure is quite standard and generally completed as an outpatient treatment. If you live in Carrollton, Texas, or surrounding communities, you can come to Hebron Smiles for dental extractions near me. Before scheduling extraction services, Dr. Adnan Saleem will evaluate your situation to see if there’s a way to save your tooth. If your tooth can’t be saved, we’ll have it safely removed to restore your oral health.
When Extraction is Necessary
There are several reasons Dr. Saleem may recommend having a tooth removed. Tooth extraction is generally a last resort when a tooth is beyond saving, or infection is putting other teeth at risk. Some common reasons for extracting a tooth are:
- Irreparable tooth decay
- Severe tooth breakage near the gum line
- Extensive bone damage caused by periodontal disease
- Infected impacted teeth
Facts about Tooth Extraction
- First and foremost, you won’t feel pain! We’ll numb your gum with a local anesthetic to keep you from pain and discomfort.
- If your tooth is visible above the gum line, Dr. Saleem will perform a simple extraction with forceps to remove your tooth. If it’s impacted, a surgical extraction may be needed. This entails making a small incision in your gums and removing bone blocking your tooth before extracting your tooth.
- Once the tooth has been removed, a blood clot will form. This is perfectly normal and necessary to stop the bleeding and promote healing.
- You’ll have to eat soft foods like soups, yogurt, mashed potatoes, etc., for a few days after your procedure to avoid destabilizing the blood clot.
- When brushing your teeth, stay clear of the extraction site and try not to rinse or spit forcefully.
- You should avoid smoking and alcoholic drinks after surgery, as these habits can impair your recovery.
- Full recovery can take one to two weeks.
Teeth Removal Near Me in Carrollton, Texas
At Hebron Smiles, we have ample experience with dental extractions and can provide you with a safe and effective procedure. To schedule an appointment for dental extraction services, contact our Carrollton, Texas clinic at (972) 388-3320
Share this Article