Dental crowns have, for some time, been a valuable method of tooth repair. The full-coverage that is provided by this restoration is ideal for a number of situations, ranging from a large cavity to a broken or missing tooth. The structure that is placed over the damaged tooth reinstates optimal function as well as natural beauty.
If you are in the Carrollton area and require restorative care, consider the various benefits of quality dental crowns:
- Esthetic value. Just a few decades ago, getting a dental crown meant permanently altering the natural appearance of your smile. Now, the majority of crowns are porcelain laid over a metal substructure. At Hebron Smiles, we go one step further and create metal-free crowns. The ceramics that have been developed for dentistry are both durable and lifelike.
- Conservative. Covering a damaged tooth with a well-made crown may preserve the natural structure for years longer than it would last otherwise.
- Comfortable. When crowns are involved in tooth replacement, either with a fixed bridge or with dental implants, the degree of comfort is so high that many patients say they can tell no difference.
- Stable. Crowns are bonded to the top portion of a damaged tooth. Once affixed, you can eat a wide variety of foods without feeling that the restoration may not perform as well as a natural tooth.
- Stain resistance. Materials that are used to make crowns today are non-reactive, which means they will not stain as a result of your food and beverage choices.
- Long-lasting. One of the main indicators of value in dentistry is the longevity of restorations. When you care for your crown and visit your dentist regularly, you can expect the initial repair to last ten years or more. Depending on where the crown is situated in your mouth, we will discuss ways to prevent damage, such as breaking the habit of biting on hard objects, or wearing a night guard if you grind or clench your teeth when you sleep.
At Hebron Smiles, we believe in excellence. The better we perform, the better results you get from dental care with us. If you need a crown, we can help. We invite you to schedule a preventive visit with us to keep your teeth in the best possible condition.